Grande Section (GS)
Children in our GS classroom follow the teachings of the new French Maternelle Curriculum. The children will be introduced to letters and blending as well as cursive writing. They will establish their independence and as the oldest, they always help out around the school. At this age, the children have found their confidence and the teacher’s focus is on literacy, numeracy and communication and language. The GS class is characterised by:
- Children between 5 and 6 years old
- Two full time staff and a class size of 18
- All full-time staff are French speaking
- In addition to their normal lessons, children are provided with 3.5 hours per week of English as an additional language
- Upon the completion of GS, the children will be prepared for their transition into the next level of the French Curriculum, Cours préparatoire.