Le Hérisson Flu Vaccination Information
The NHS is running a “Help Us Help You” campaign from this October and we start this by offering eligible children flu vaccination. A nurse will be visiting Le Hérisson School to give the flu vaccine to children and staff. Further information on the vaccination program together with consent forms have been circulated to parents. The vaccination has an excellent safety record and has been given to millions of children worldwide.
In England, the vaccine will be available free on the NHS for eligible children, including:
· children aged 2 and 3
· children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
· in some parts of the country, all primary school-aged children will be offered the vaccine (following a pilot in some areas)
· children aged 2 to 17 with long-term health conditions
Flu- Five reasons to vaccinate your child
1. Protect your child. The vaccine will help protect your child against flu and serious complications such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
2. Protect your family and friends. Vaccinating your child will help protect more vulnerable family and friends.
3. No injection is needed, the vaccine is delivered via a nasal spray. The nasal spray is painless and easy to have.
4. It’s better than having flu.
5. Avoid costs. If your child gets flu you may have to take time off work or arrange alternative childcare.
« Stop Press! Introducing our new school uniform