School Governance And Advisory Board
Maria Frost is the Proprietor of Le Hérisson School. The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) consists of the Proprietor together with the Head Teacher and the Head of Bilingual Early Years. The day to day management of the School is undertaken by the SLT; they ensure the proper functioning of the School along with the successful execution of the School Development Plan.
Independent advice is provided by the Advisory Board, where each (volunteer) member has a distinctive skill set but all provide advice, guidance and support in every area of school life. Their support ensures the implementation of educational best practice, which facilitates outstanding teaching and promotes happy students.
The members of the Le Hérisson Advisory Board come together regularly to discuss recent and future School developments, to ensure the Proprietor has sufficient knowledge and advice to ensure:
- Highest level of Safeguarding
- Compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Strategic development; including reviewing policies for achieving the Mission and Aims of the school
- Financial Planning
- Policy development: making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- School improvement; to include setting targets to achieve the aims and objectives of the school
- Accreditation and Inspection; monitoring and evaluating the progress the school is making towards reaching its aims and objectives
- Excellent performance management to enhance teaching and learning; including systems for supporting children with special educational needs
- Independent panel members at hearings, such as for complaints or disciplinary matters; appeals and grievances
- Facility maintenance; making sure the school building is welcoming and safe to support a healthy learning environment
- Community development
- High standards of professionalism and quality assurance systems
The Advisory Board will also ensure we continually share and develop excellence through several initiatives including other Proprietor/Headteacher visits, mentoring of the SLT, a comprehensive CPD programme for all staff, networking events for staff of several schools and organising sporting and cultural events.
The Chair of the Advisory Board can be contacted at:
Le Hérisson School
Rivercourt Methodist Church
London W6 9JT.
+44 (0) 20 8563 7664