School Governance And Advisory Board
Maria Frost is the Proprietor of Le Hérisson School. The Senior Leadership Team (SLT) consists of the Proprietor together with the Head Teacher and the Head of Bilingual Early Years. The day to day management of the School is undertaken by the SLT; they ensure the proper functioning of the School along with the successful execution of the School Development Plan.
Independent advice is provided by the Advisory Board, where each (volunteer) member has a distinctive skill set but all provide advice, guidance and support in every area of school life. Their support ensures the implementation of educational best practice, which facilitates outstanding teaching and promotes happy students.
The members of the Le Hérisson Advisory Board come together regularly to discuss recent and future School developments, to ensure the Proprietor has sufficient knowledge and advice to ensure:
- Highest level of Safeguarding
- Compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Strategic development; including reviewing policies for achieving the Mission and Aims of the school
- Financial Planning
- Policy development: making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- School improvement; to include setting targets to achieve the aims and objectives of the school
- Accreditation and Inspection; monitoring and evaluating the progress the school is making towards reaching its aims and objectives
- Excellent performance management to enhance teaching and learning; including systems for supporting children with special educational needs
- Independent panel members at hearings, such as for complaints or disciplinary matters; appeals and grievances
- Facility maintenance; making sure the school building is welcoming and safe to support a healthy learning environment
- Community development
- High standards of professionalism and quality assurance systems
The Advisory Board will also ensure we continually share and develop excellence through several initiatives including other Proprietor/Headteacher visits, mentoring of the SLT, a comprehensive CPD programme for all staff, networking events for staff of several schools and organising sporting and cultural events.
Advisory Board Members
Ursula Malewski - Chair
Ursula has over 30 years of experience in the education sector including a particular interest in children’s physical, emotional and intellectual development and welfare. She holds a Diploma in Business Administration (Bonn Chamber of Industry & Commerce, Germany).
In 1988 Ursula opened the first German Saturday School in the UK, a not for profit organisation, which she continued to run as Principal until July 1995. During this time Ursula was instrumental in setting up the VDSS UK (Association of German Saturday Schools UK).
Since 2005 Ursula Malewski has been running annual jazz courses. She set up MEhr Clef, a not for profit organisation where she is responsible for the curriculum and co- ordinating a team of 10 jazz professors and teaching assistants.
Louise is a chartered accountant and provides financial and strategic experience to the Le Hérisson Board.
A chartered accountant, having qualified at KPMG, Louise has worked with education companies across the UK providing financial, strategic and operational advice.
Louise currently works in the travel sector, in a senior corporate development role of a FTSE 250 company and is also Vice Chair of Governors at Burdett Coutts and Townshend Foundation School.
Ms Irina Stamate - Rocha
Irina has over 12 years’ experience in banking and investing.
Irina joined an investment fund in 2011, with responsibilities in deal sourcing, execution, structuring, due diligence and asset management of healthcare-related investment opportunities. Previously, Ms Stamate-Rocha worked in investment banking at various banks in the City of London and previously in Brussels, Belgium.
Ms. Irina Stamate-Rocha holds a Masters in Finance degree from Vlerick Management School (Leuven – Ghent Belgium) and a Bachelor of Economics from the Academy of Economics, Bucharest.
The Chair of the Advisory Board can be contacted at:
Le Hérisson School
Rivercourt Methodist Church
London W6 9JT.
+44 (0) 20 8563 7664